O Canada! Celebrating our pride of the True North Strong and Free…
TOP THINGS TO DO on the beautiful North Shore over the weekend.
Canada Day at Waterfront Park
WHAT: Celebrate Canada Day by having loads of fun and eating amazing food at this free event hosted by the Rotary Club of Lions Gate! Activities include an array of local performers, multicultural food, free cupcakes, and on-site entertainment ranging from balloon artists and a fire juggler to bouncy castles and a 24’ high climbing wall, this event is sure to be fun for the whole family!
WHERE: Waterfront Park is a nice grassy park just a five-minute walk to the west of the SeaBus terminal exit at Lonsdale Quay. It’s right on the water with magnificent views of the Vancouver skyline.
WHEN: The festivities will take place at Waterfront Park from noon to 4:00 p.m on July 1st.
North Shore Canada Day Parade
WHAT: Prior to the celebrations at Waterfront Park, North Vancouver also has a parade. It’s a small community-style parade, but lots of fun, especially for young children.
WHERE: The parade goes along 13th Street from Grand Boulevard before heading down 17th Street via Lonsdale Avenue to Mahon Park.
WHEN: Takes place from 10 am until noon on July 1st.
Canada Day Red & White Picnic
WHAT: Dress up in our national colours and bring your own picnic or enjoy a selection from food vendors while watching live entertainment, finishing with a fabulous display of fireworks.
WHERE: The Canada Day Red & White Picnic takes place at John Lawson Park.
WHEN: The picnic goes from 4:30 pm and finishes at 10:30 pm with a fabulous display of fireworks just off the shore on July 1st.
Canada Day at Lonsdale Quay Market
WHAT: Canada Day has never looked so good! Enjoy live music with Five Star Motel and VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir! Then, catch the fireworks display light up the sky with a waterfront view!
WHERE: Lonsdale Quay Market – South Waterfront Plaza
WHEN: Live music will begin at 1 pm to 5 pm with fireworks display at 10 pm.
Canada Day at the Peak of Vancouver
WHAT: Celebrate Canada Day with Grouse Mountain! Wear your red and white, wave the Canadian flag with pride, and enjoy all of the uniquely British Columbian activities the mountain has to offer. Take in the fabulous city view as you ride the Super Skyride, glide through the sky with a Mountain Zipline experience, Paragliding experience or Blackcomb Helicopters Heli-Tour, and take things a little higher by riding the Peak Chair and visiting the Eye of the Wind. Feed your appetite for authentically Canadian fare by indulging in a BeaverTail, classic poutine, or an ice cold Molson Canadian beer while taking in an outdoor concert from the mountaintop plaza beer garden! Experience everything Canadian this Canada Day, here at the Peak of Vancouver!
WHERE: Peak of Grouse Mountain – Mountaintop Plaza
WHEN: All day on July 1st
- Peak Yoga Class by YYOGA (10am-11am)
- Outdoor Concert featuring Emily Chambers and the Alex Flock Trio (noon-5pm)
- Mountaintop Beer Garden (noon-5pm)
- Pop-Up Canada Shop (noon-5pm)
- Canada Day Barbecue (11:30am-5pm)
- Meet a Mountie (noon-5pm)
All Day Fun:
- Picture Yourself Here Photo Ops (9am-10pm, 3 separate locations)
- World-Famous Lumberjack Show (11:15am, 2pm, 4:30pm)
- Birds in Motion Demonstration (12:45, 3:15pm. 5:30pm)
- Guided Eco-Walks (11am, 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm. Starts at large trail map outside of Chalet)
- Grizzly Lookout Ranger Talks (10am, 12:15pm, 2:45pm, 4:00pm)
- Theatre in the Sky (9:30am-9pm, Chalet)
- Owl Interpretive Sessions (10:45am, near Pollinator’s Garden)
- Birds in Motion Demonstrations (12:45pm, 3:15pm, 5:30pm)
- Scenic Mountain Biking (10am-6pm)